Phone: (727) 477-1039
Prepare for Your Appointment at Our Endocrinology Practice
We are an endocrinology practice in Pinellas County, FL. Our goal is to help as many patients as possible, which is why you can pre-register to have an appointment with our our providers. Fill out the information and answer the questionnaire as soon as possible. We want to attend to your needs and treat your diabetes or endocrine disorder. Please arrive 5-10 minutes for your scheduled appointment for check-in. Dr. Lake respects your time and runs an efficient office. We do not double book appointments and like to spend our time with you so we miss you when you do not show up as scheduled. We ask that you call us and provide at least a 24-hour notice to avoid any late, cancellation, or no-show fees.
For the most comprehensive appointment, please have your primary care physician or referring doctor fax your relevant medical records to 727-477-0498 prior to your appointment. If you have an HMO insurance plan, please have your primary care physician fax us the Referral Authorization prior to every appointment. Appointments without referrals will not be scheduled or will need to be rescheduled until proper authorization is received. Please remember to bring a current medication list and any glucose meters, pumps, or log books you may use to each appointment.
And finally, if you have an urgent need and cannot wait until our next available new patient appointment, let us know. We will work with you and your physician to get you in sooner through our wait list for new patients. Please use the following links to Pre-Register as a new patient or to Log In to your Patient Portal after scheduling an appointment:
Write a Review
- MyFitnessPal: Keep track of your calorie count and physical activity. You can download the app to your phone and get in better shape.
- Overeaters Anonymous: Join a food addiction or eating disorder support group. You can find advice and helpful resources.
- Quit Smoking: Receive professional assistance when quitting smoking.
For Patients with Diabetes & Thyroid Disorders
- American Thyroid Association: Read and learn about thyroid disease.
- Medtronic Diabetes: Check the status of your order, replace a sensor, and order supplies.
- Printable patient logbook for glucose values
- Hypoglycemia instructions
- Link your Freestyle Libre sensor data to our practice
Patient Assistance & Savings Cards
- Novo Nordisk: Get savings cards, patient assistance, and access to $99 insulin (even without insurance coverage). Their products include Tresiba, Levemir, NovoLog, Fiasp, NovoLog 70/30mix, Novolin 70/30 mix, N, R, Victoza, Ozempic, Rybelsus, and Xultophy 100/3.6.
- Sanofi: Sanofi offers patient assistance applications and a $99 savings card for insulin without insurance. Their products include Lantus, Toujeo, Toujeo Max, Apidra, Admelog, and Soliqua 100/33.
- Lilly: Access patient assistance information and the direct lines for manufacturers for Humalog, Basaglar, Humalog 75/25 mix, Humulin R, N, 70/30 mix, Humulin R U500, and Trulicity. The company offers insulin for $35 or less a month. Please call (833) 808-1234 for assistance during COVID-19.
- AstraZeneca: They provide relevant information, applications, and savings cards for medications for Bydureon, Onglyza, Kombiglyze XR, Farxiga, Xigduo XR, Qtern, Symlin, and Byetta.
- Boehringer Ingelheim: In addition to patient assistance, they offer savings cards for Jardiance. They also carry Synjardy XR and Glyxambi.
- Merck: They offer low to no-cost medications on commercial insurance. Their products cover Januvia, Janumet, Steglatro, and Steglujan.
- GoodRx: Find affordable medications and free coupons.
- RxAssist.org: Fill out their form to receive medication from pharmaceutical companies.
- Social Security: Medicare patients are eligible for low-cost medications. Find out if you qualify and submit your application to their Extra Help program.
Insulin Instructions & Diabetes Education Resources
- Insulin Pen Injection Technique Video
- Insulin by Vial & Syringe Injection Technique Video
- How to Test Your Blood Glucose & Use a Glucose Meter Video
- Trulicity Injection Technique Video
- Medtronic Insulin Pumps – CareLink Software for Uploading Pumps at Home
- Medtronic Insulin Pump Uploading at Home in Preparation for Visits Video
- Link your Freestyle Libre sensor data to our practice to be viewed
- Diabetes Education Video from Cleveland Clinic